Ten reasons to join the International Union of Tenants:
- Be part of the united voice for Tenants’ rights
We are proudly promoting rental as a viable alternative to ownership but want it to be on fair terms in relation to security of tenure and affordability.
- Influence the future conditions of global tenants and define responses to regulatory initiatives through IUT working groups.
Regulators and policy makers welcome a dialogue with a united, influential association.
- Connect with other tenants’ organisations internationally
We have 72 member associations in 51 countries. A large international membership base increases the opportunities to influence housing policy internationally.
- Get regular updates and briefings on issues which will affect your organisation from IUT and its dedicated EU affairs office.
- Seize the opportunities to engage with other tenant organisations through IUT’s extensive membership in pursuit of a common approach, such as the International Tenants’ day on the first Monday in October of each year.
- Participate in a cross-border network of individuals
A network which is growing means great opportunities to learn from others.
- Receive notification of events and briefings organised by IUT and other organisations and groups.
- Reward and strengthen your team
Our success relies on our inclusive approach, where you and your employees are welcome to participate, engage and benefit all under one membership fee.
- Discover the services of the IUT
We open doors to organisations and authorities and provide ideas for establishing new associations.
- Shape the policy and future of the IUT
As a Board Member you have the right to participate in taking decisions on the policies, budget and the work programme of IUT and as a member you can participate on committees, make proposals to the Board and suggest topics for discussion.
The IUT welcomes national and regional tenant organisations from all countries to join the only international organisation with the purpose of safeguarding the interests of Tenants.
- Currently, IUT has 72 members in 51 countries.
- We welcome applications for membership, subject to eligibility.
- For further information about how to join, please contact IUT
There are four categories of members
A: Board Member: For national organisations only
C: Associate Members
D: Associate Partnership
Please, read more about the categories in the IUT Statutes.
If you have problems using the digital application form, you can also download this PDF-version.