Feantsa April newsletter, IUT signs up to global campaign
Welcome back to the FEANTSA Flash!
This month has been all systems go, as we have been engaging with members, partners, and European leaders to protect people experiencing homelessness, who are disproportionality threatened by the coronavirus and the side effects of confinement. We’ll be following the situation closely as governments move from crisis management to planning for lifting the lockdown. But first, here’s what happened this month…
As always, feel free to send us tips for the next edition of the Flash by clicking the button below.
• FEANTSA Events: What’s coming up next?
• FEANTSA News: What’s new at FEANTSA?
• FEANTSA Publications: Our latest reports and publications related to homelessness
• Member News: With over 100 members fighting tirelessly against homelessness in almost 30 countries, you know that there is always something going on
• Partner News: What is new from our partners?
• European News: Updates from the EU and beyond on homelessness and housing
• Headlines: Homelessness in the media
• Further Reading
Global petition – protect the unhoused
The strict measures aimed at reducing the spread of Covid-19 are making homeless people and other marginalised groups such as migrants even more vulnerable. FEANTSA joins over 80 organisations across the world in calling for these groups to be protected from the consequences of such policies, identified as priority groups for Covid-19 testing, and that their re-housing be considered a priority. Read more here.